Hall Labs Team
An Experienced Management Team
Hall Labs has a seasoned management team in technology and selling companies at strategic premiums. Backed by an experienced back office, Hall Labs is led by these managers.
Michael A. Hall
- A technical expert whose innovations led to industry papers and patents during 10 years at DaimlerChrysler in Detroit USA, and Stuttgart Germany.
- A change agent who led a successful turn around of a failing manufacturing organization.
- BS Mechanical Engineering from Utah State University (2001), MS Automotive Systems Engineering from University of Michigan (2003), Post Masters Certificate, Business Administration from Oakland University (2007).
David R. Hall
- A prolific inventor and patentee with over 450 patents granted and sold and over 400 patent applications in progress.
- A serial entrepreneur and inventor that has started and grown dozens of businesses, innovating across many fields including high pressure/ high temperature systems, networking, mining, oil and gas, and road construction.
- BS and Masters in mechanical engineering from Brigham Young University (1972), MBA from Rider College (1976), honorary doctorate from Weber State University (2016).
- Senior Partner and US President of Energy Ventures (VC/private equity funds with $950 million AUM) for the last nine years.
- 18 years with Schlumberger in global executive roles related to technology development and commercialization.
- BS in geosciences from Pennsylvania State University, MBA from the University of Pittsburgh.
Matt Van Dyke
Chief Financial Officer
- Three years with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Salt Lake City, then a brief stint at NuSkin, before becoming Chief Financial Officer of Novatek, Inc. in 2012.
- At Novatek, Inc., he oversaw all accounting, finance, and HR functions and was an integral part of the sale of the company to Schlumberger in 2015.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of Utah and has a Masters of Accountancy from Brigham Young University.
Strategic Marketing Consultant
- An experienced marketer with expertise in business reporting and analysis, market research, brand marketing and strategy as well as product development.
- Has a broad base of experience in sales and marketing with roles at PROS, MarketStar, Dell and Sprint.
- BS in Communications from Weber State University (1996) and an MBA from the University of Rochester (2000).
Have a question?
Please contact us today, and we’ll get back to you shortly.